Sunday, May 28, 2006

Portugal Spring 2006

We flew out from Norwich Airport arriving at Faro in the evening of Friday 14th April. We spent 2 nights in the Algarve, 5 nights in Lisbon, 5 nights in the Alentejo (Évora, Elvas and Mértola) and finally 5 nights back in the Algarve before flying back to Norwich on Monday 1st May.

I have four pages covering the four sections of the trip:

Algarve I
Lisbon
Alentejo
Algarve II

None of these pages cover the birds in any great detail, although they included details of the sites where I went birding. Full details and photos of the birds are given in systematic list format here.

Click here for the first trip section (Algarve I) or here to go straight to the details and photos of birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We offer rustic accommodation close to one of the most important bird watching areas In Alentejo, Southern Portugal : Centro de Educacao Ambiental, Castro Verde where you can such rare breeds as the Great and Little Bustard, the Lesser Kestrel and birds of the gallinaceous family.
We hope this might be of interest, we would be pleased to offer a 5% discount.